What is Space Clearing?
“What is more agreeable than one’s home? ~Cicero”
How can it help you to achieve a happy, holistic home?
I am going to show you how to do this, simply and easily.
It is a wonderful way to sweep stuck, negative energy out of your home. In its place you will have a house with a sparkling, energised atmosphere and a feeling of serenity.
The following life circumstances are perfect opportunities for space clearing. Do any of them apply to you?
Have you been having a prolonged spell of bad luck or have things just not gone as you wanted?
You feel stuck, unmotivated and unenthusiastic about life in general.
You are moving into a new home or work premises.
You have just been through a major life event – birth, death, marriage or divorce.
You just want to fill your home with a bright, fresh, clear energy.
If any of these situations apply to you, space clearing could be a huge help.
I would strongly advise clearing one room at a time, after making sure you have cleaned and de-cluttered the area thoroughly.
If you clear a room that is messy, untidy and cluttered, the effects will be nullified.
Important Note: Please do not do this work if you feel unwell, tired, if you are pregnant or if you feel anxious in any way. You need to be at your best to space clear with maximum effect!
Picture of Candles
Make sure you have these essential items for powerful Clearing before you begin:
- Salt – preferably sea salt, unopened and sealed until ready to use. Fantastic for absorbing negativity of all kinds.
- Incense and or sage smudge sticks. Both of these are easily available at any good health food shop. Incredibly cleansing and healing.
- Cymbals or bells. A nice clear tone that sounds pleasing to you. The best thing for shaking out stuck and stagnant energy, particularly in corners.
- Fresh flowers. Beautifully scented and gorgeous to look at, they will lift the atmosphere of any room.
- Candles. Essential for focusing your intentions when working in a room.
If you don’t have a source for these items yet, check here for herbs and smudge sticks.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Space Clearing
- It is best to do this by yourself, making sure in particular that children and pets are not present.
- As I said before, have the room you are going to clear as clean and tidy as possible.
- Wear comfortable clothing and if possible stay barefoot.
- Open windows to allow fresh air to circulate as you work.
- Take as long as necessary to calm and centre yourself. Take time and think carefully about what you want this space clearing to achieve, such as a better, healthier atmosphere, improved sleep and overall health or maybe the start of a happier, calmer, more fulfilled time of your life; it is completely personal to you.
- Call in whatever angels or divine beings are appropriate to you and your situation to help. This is optional of course, but why pass up such help when it is there for the asking?
- Use the bells or cymbals in each corner of the room and in the centre to shake up and disperse the stagnant, stale energy. If you don’t have access to a bell, a metal pot and spoon is just fine!
- Light your smudge stick or incense carefully and walk around the room, holding a fireproof container under the stick to catch any ash. It is felt that tracing the figure of ‘8’ brings in an extra divine element.
- As a finish you can either place a bowl of salt in the middle of the room you have just cleared, or you can place small bowls of salt in each corner to absorb any residual negative energy.
- Light a candle, at the same time stating your wish for the space clearing. Thank all the divine beings who have helped you.
- At this point, I usually have a small atomiser or mister bottle with Bach Flower Remedies dispersed in it – I use Star of Bethlehem, Honeysuckle and Crab Apple to clear away any final negativity and to positively energise and cleanse the atmosphere.
- Place your flowers where you can enjoy them and relax.
Remember, there is no wrong way to effectively clear your space. A clear intention and a calm disposition is all that is needed.
Used together with de-cluttering and feng shui, this is an elemental part of maintaining a vibrant, healthy, holistic home.
Why not give it a try?